So I know that a lot of people will be having exams soon (I’m sure your all looking forward to them right?) So I thought I’d share some top study tips to help you achieve the best you can.
- Make a study timetable. I know it may be a bit annoying to have something to figure out before you’ve even got to the tough stuff but it’s worth it. With a timetable planned you don’t need to think of what you need to revise next. You can just look at your chart and bam! You know exactly what you gotta do. Plus you know when you can enjoy your free time!
- Have peace. Make sure there’s no one around to distract you and no annoying noises.
- Get comfy. If you aren’t, then you’ll be concentrating on how not comfy you are instead of your revision.
- Music. Some people find it hard with music. But some love it. If your one that can’t study without music, make sure it’s nothing with words in. Find your favourite songs as instrumentals. If it has words you’ll be focusing on those words instead of the words of your revision.
- Colour codes. By putting things in colour you can associate things with that colour. I know I’m not the best at explanations. But for example if your in a maths exam and you get a question on percentages and you’ve done everything on percentages in green you can refer back to things in your memory that you associate with green. Plus! The mind loves colour.
- Get enough sleep. Your mind needs rest and can’t function when it’s tired so make sure to sleep at least 8 hours a night.
- Write everything down. The best way to remember things you’ve done months ago is to write them all out again. Plus you can understand it better than jumbled up class notes.
- Scan over everything quickly before the exam to make sure you’ve covered everything.
- Refer with a friend in case you forgot about something you should’ve revised.
- And lastly. Don’t panic. Everyone is in the same situation as you. And if things go a bit wrong, it’s okay. It’s not the end of the world.
So that’s my 10 study tips. I hope you get something out of them. Also if anyone else has tips comment them down below. Good luck in your exams guys!
– Willow xx