Dear younger me,
How are you? Are you okay? It’s older you here. I have some advice for you. I think you’ll need it. Actually. I know you’ll need it
So your gonna have some great times but you’ll also have some not so great times. Here’s a list of things to watch out for.
- Don’t hit your friend in the face in primary just cause she won’t play with the doll house with you.
- Don’t worry about singing alone in the Christmas play. Your literally only 6 there’s nothing to fear.
- Please don’t try to role over on a slide. You will fall off… and break your arm…
- Don’t run through the doorway when you go on that school trip when your 10. You will fracture your fingers on the doorframe and your friends are gonna laugh at you whinning on the bottom bunk bed. You’re so clumsy.
- Don’t worry about secondary school. It’s really not that bad. Even though I still got a year and a half left of it. (Don’t expect me to say what you got in your GCSE exams. I don’t know yet XD)
- Stay away from your old friends. You’ll find new ones. Don’t worry about the bullies. It’ll get better really quickly.
- Do not do the school production of Hairspray. It’ll be seriously embarrassing and you’ll also get anxiety because of it.
- Don’t say homophobic instead of polyphonic in your grade 7 piano exam XD.
- Don’t start liking that boy. You know who it is. But don’t. Cause that’ll cause your self hate and depression…
- Don’t wonder what it’s like to self harm.
Now here’s some thing you will enjoy and should look forward to.
- Going to secondary school. You’ll get so many new friends.
- Going on your first school trip abroad to Austria. You’ll make amazing memories.
- Enjoy all the talent contests you enter even though you won’t win. (Sorry young me XD)
- Fall in love with that one person. You’ll still be with him today.
- Write that song you always wanted to write.
- Enjoy that first kiss. It’ll be a distant memory one day.
Here’s just a few tips for you.
- Smile more often
- Forgive and forget
- Laugh at yourself
- Don’t be afraid of mistakes
- Live a little more
– Willow xx