Today I thought I’d do a survival guide for year 7s (and anyone really) on how to Survive Secondary School.
- You do not necessarily need a gigantic bag. It’ll be awkward to carry, your shoulders will kill and you’ll look pretty stupid to all the years above. But hey. It’s your choice I guess.
- If possible try get your PE kit to fit in your main backpack. I know this kinda goes back on my first point but still. If you carry it as a second bag I guarantee you will leave it in one of your classes. I bet £10.
- Do your homework the day you get it. This makes life so much easier. You won’t have stacks of homework to do in one day then. I know your too lazy but trust me. You’ll get more free time this way.
- Don’t think your cool. Your not.
- Don’t go up to a year 11 and talking randomly because it’s “cool”. Again. It’s not.
- Find a friend. You’ll need one.
- If someone is mean to you. Try not to cry or say anything mean back. Tell a teacher if it’s necessary but otherwise just try ignore it an befriend the nice people.
- Don’t answer back to teachers. I know they’re annoying but they are just trying to help. Plus when you’re “friends” with a teacher, they’ll be nice and let you have free time or use their room to hang out and stuff like that.
- It’s not ‘playtime’ anymore I’m afraid. It’s break. And don’t go playing tag and hide-and-seek in the yard. Just sit around and chat. Trust me.
- Try to enjoy. I know it’s basically impossible but try.
- Learn from your mistakes. It’s okay to make them. It’s not life or death. Not yet anyway XD.
- Lastly, if you manage to survive 5 years of secondary school then write one of these!
Hope this humoured some of you or helped or someone can relate.
– Willow xx